Maine in WWI
(Note: this event has been postponed to Friday, December 14 due to impending inclement weather.)
Maine in WWI is a day-long examination of Maine’s participation and legacy in World War One, and a celebration of the centennial of the end of the war.
Scheduled speakers include:
– CPT Jonathan D. Bratten, Command Historian, Maine Army National Guard.
– Donald Zillman, Author and Godfrey Professor, Maine School of Law.
– Earle G. Shettleworth, Jr., State Historian.
– Donald Soctomah, Tribal Historian, Passamaquoddy Nation.
– Professor Jeff Sychterz, University of Maine at Augusta/Bangor.
– Shane Gower, Maranacook Community High School.
– David Greenham, Associate Director of the HHRC.
In addition, the event will feature and exhibit of original artwork created by artist Brenda Bettinson from her Lest We Forget collection.
Registration is free thanks to a generous grant from the Gilder Lehreman Institute of American History. Registration includes a continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages.
Note: Participating teachers will be eligible for 6 contact hours towards re-certification.