Teaching Tolerance (Day 2): Teaching Tolerance Curriculum (ELA/Social Studies/History Teachers Only)
August 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Free Workshop Open to Current or pre-service K-12 ELA/English and Social Studies/History teachers only
Includes 6.5 contact hours for recertification (RSVP below and fill out this FORM).
August 1st, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Teaching Tolerance Curriculum is a collection of K-12 literacy-based, anti-bias, social justice resources that are aligned to the Common Core English Language Arts and Literacy standards and to the groundbreaking Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards. The curriculum’s web-based modular design allows for maximum customization and differentiation.
Learn to use the comprehensive, literacy-based, anti-bias curriculum tools to engage students with meaningful texts through literacy learning and real-world application. Practice with the flexible web-based, interactive learning plan builder to assemble use-tomorrow lesson plans for differentiation and authentic assessment in your classroom.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the goals of the Social Justice Standards and apply them to practice;
- Explain the importance of providing students with literacy experiences that are both culturally relevant and academically rigorous;
- Identify texts within the student texts library for use with students;
- Build a complete Learning Plan using the texts, teaching strategies and students tasks within the Teaching Tolerance Curriculum.
Who should attend:
- Current or pre-service K-12 ELA/English and Social Studies/History teachers only