(FULL) Teaching Tolerance (Day 2): Teaching Tolerance Curriculum (ELA/Social Studies/History Teachers Only)
August 1 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
*Due to high demand and limited space, we have reached max capacity for this workshop. Please fill out this form to be put on the waitlist and to hear about future offerings. Thank you!*
Free Workshop Open to Current or pre-service K-12 ELA/English and Social Studies/History teachers only
Includes 6.5 contact hours for recertification (RSVP below and fill out this FORM).
August 1st, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Teaching Tolerance Curriculum is a collection of K-12 literacy-based, anti-bias, social justice resources that are aligned to the Common Core English Language Arts and Literacy standards and to the groundbreaking Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards. The curriculum’s web-based modular design allows for maximum customization and differentiation.
Learn to use the comprehensive, literacy-based, anti-bias curriculum tools to engage students with meaningful texts through literacy learning and real-world application. Practice with the flexible web-based, interactive learning plan builder to assemble use-tomorrow lesson plans for differentiation and authentic assessment in your classroom.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the goals of the Social Justice Standards and apply them to practice;
- Explain the importance of providing students with literacy experiences that are both culturally relevant and academically rigorous;
- Identify texts within the student texts library for use with students;
- Build a complete Learning Plan using the texts, teaching strategies and students tasks within the Teaching Tolerance Curriculum.
Who should attend:
- Current or pre-service K-12 ELA/English and Social Studies/History teachers only