- This event has passed.
(FULL) Teaching Tolerance (Day 1): Social Justice Teaching 101 (For all K-12 Teachers)
July 31, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
*Due to high demand and limited space, we have reached max capacity for this workshop. Please fill out this form to be put on the waitlist and to hear about future offerings. Thank you!*
Free Workshop Open to K – 12 Educators and Pre-Service K-12 Educators
Includes 6.5 contact hours for recertification (RSVP below and fill out this FORM).
July 31st, from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day.
This interactive introductory workshop to Teaching Tolerance helps teachers learn how to effectively implement anti-bias instruction in their classrooms. Participants will explore practical strategies for accomplishing academic and social-emotional goals side by side. They will discuss learning conditions that honor all identities and reflect diversity, equity and justice. After exploring ready-to-use materials, applying rigorous standards and planning ways to incorporate research-based teaching practices, participants will leave the workshop with ideas and tools for transforming their classrooms and schools.
Participants will learn to:
- Incorporate the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards to create and sustain classroom and school environments that honor diversity, equity and justice;
- Speak up—and teach students to speak up—against bias and injustice;
- Build a collaborative and respectful learning community with a diverse group of learners and educators.
Who should attend:
- K-12 educators, administrators, counselors, curriculum specialists/coaches
- Pre-service K-12 educators
Free to attend, registration required.