- This event has passed.
(OPEN) Teaching Tolerance: Social Justice 101 (For All Teachers)
July 30 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
Free Workshop Open to K – 12 Educators and Pre-Service K-12 Educators
Includes 6.5 contact hours for recertification (RSVP below and fill out this FORM).
July 31st, from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day.
This interactive introductory workshop to Teaching Tolerance helps teachers learn how to effectively implement anti-bias instruction in their classrooms. Participants will explore practical strategies for accomplishing academic and social-emotional goals side by side. They will discuss learning conditions that honor all identities and reflect diversity, equity and justice. After exploring ready-to-use materials, applying rigorous standards and planning ways to incorporate research-based teaching practices, participants will leave the workshop with ideas and tools for transforming their classrooms and schools.
Participants will learn to:
- Incorporate the Teaching Tolerance Social Justice Standards to create and sustain classroom and school environments that honor diversity, equity and justice;
- Speak up—and teach students to speak up—against bias and injustice;
- Build a collaborative and respectful learning community with a diverse group of learners and educators.
Who should attend:
- K-12 educators, administrators, counselors, curriculum specialists/coaches
- Pre-service K-12 educators